Amicable Numbers is an independent research project that uses Internet-connected computers to find new amicable pairs. You can contribute to our research by running a free program on your computer.
Current goal of the project is to find all amicable pairs with smallest member < 264.
All new findings are published regularly on the Amicable pairs list page.
Credits for the old application (search up to 2^64) doubled
It's sad to see everyone leave the old (and unfinished) application "Amicable Numbers up to 2^64" so I decided to double credit points for it.
Everyone can switch their CPUs back to gain some more credits.
Note that you can run "Amicable Numbers up to 2^64" on CPU and "Amicable Numbers up to 10^20" on GPU on the same PC at the same time!
Here's what you need to set in project preferences:
Use CPU, AMD/ATI GPU, NVIDIA GPU = yes
Run application 2^64 = yes
Run application 10^20 = no
Accept work from other applications = yes
With these settings your CPU will get tasks (and more credits in general) from "2^64" only, and your GPU will get tasks from "10^20" thanks to "Accept work from other applications = yes" selected.
3 Jul 2017, 16:09:14 UTC · Discuss
The search up to 10^20
It will be started tomorrow (July 1st)!
I've decided to speed up the launch of the next search due to performance issues with GPU version that everyone experiences now.
What will happen on July 1st:
1) "Amicable Numbers up to 10^20" application will start receiving tasks.
2) All GPU versions for the old application "Amicable Numbers up to 2^64" will be deprecated.
3) Credit points for both applications will be re-balanced to make sure that RAC doesn't change.
So all GPUs should automatically switch to the new application, and the old application will remain as CPU-only until it finishes.
30 Jun 2017, 16:11:33 UTC · Discuss
New application for double checking current search
I've launched a new application called Amicable Numbers up to 2^64 (double check). It will re-run some of past work units.
If you don't want to run WUs which were already done before, you can deselect this application on the preferences page: https://sech.me/boinc/Amicable/prefs.php?subset=project
NOTE: If you are unable to achieve 100% GPU load (to maximize RAC) with work units from the main application, I recommend to switch to this new application: it will have GPU-friendly work units.
16 Jun 2017, 14:27:55 UTC · Discuss
Finish line of the current search and next steps
Hello all crunchers!
The search for amicable numbers up to 2^64 is almost done: all previously known numbers are already covered by the search, zero numbers were missed which is very good and gives me confidence. It's extremely unlikely to find anything in the remaining WUs, but they need to be processed to complete the search.
The next steps will be:
1) Double check a small portion of the search space to increase confidence that nothing is missed. It will be a separate application so everyone will have choice whether to move to the next search range or help verify the current range.
2) Start the search for amicable numbers up to 10^20. It will be a separate application as well and it will become the default application as soon as the current search runs out of WUs. CPU version is ready, GPU version is work in progress and hopefully will be finished before the start of the search.
8 Jun 2017, 10:19:57 UTC · Discuss
Credit badges for 100, 200 and 500 thousand total credit
There are new entry level badges on the project: white hollow stars for 100, 200, 500 thousand total credit.
14 Apr 2017, 13:07:16 UTC · Discuss
©2017 Sergei Chernykh